IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Cumberland, 1754–1848, British, Near Weston-Super-Mare with Steep Holme Island, 1816
Near Weston-Super-Mare with Steep Holme Island
- Watercolor with pen and black ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 8 7/8 inches (15.6 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Bim Back - Weston/ Mare | with a peep at the Steep holm"
Signed and dated on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Sep 1816, GC"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | crows | island | landscape | rocks (landforms)
- Associated Places:
- England | Somerset | Steepholm | United Kingdom | Weston-Super-Mare
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.