Near Weston-Super-Mare with Steep Holme Island
- Watercolor with pen and black ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 8 7/8 inches (15.6 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Bim Back - Weston/ Mare | with a peep at the Steep holm"
Signed and dated on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Sep 1816, GC"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | crows | island | landscape | rocks (landforms)
- Associated Places:
- England | Somerset | Steepholm | United Kingdom | Weston-Super-Mare
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Cumberland, 1754–1848, British, Near Weston-Super-Mare with Steep Holme Island, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.