Design for Grosvenor House, London
- between 1825 and 1826
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 25 15/16 × 18 15/16 inches (65.9 × 48.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Design for Alterations, and Additions | at Grosvenor House"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Facade in Grosvenor Street"; in pen and black ink, left: "Reeves | Mews"; in pen and black ink, left: "Park Street"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "Mount Street"; in pen and black ink, right: "Park Lane"; in pen and black ink, center: "Coachhouses and Stables"; in pen and black ink, lower center, plan labeled extensively
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy Pimb- | Jany [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London, between 1825 and 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.