River and Boat
- ca. 1770
- Brushed black ink, pen and black ink, graphite, light brown ground and varnish on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 x 6 1/2 inches (13 x 16.5 cm) and Mount: 6 1/8 x 7 3/4 inches (15.6 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed on back on mount in graphite center: "1/2 [ . . . ] | 53 | G. W. Girtin" in graphite lower right: "COZENS, Alexander | River and boat"
Signed on mount in pen and brown ink lower left: "Alexr. Cozens". Not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flag | hills | landscape | marine art | river | sailboat | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.