Round Tower, Castle of Lillebonne, Normandy
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 3/4 x 8 5/8 inches (27.3 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Lillebonne, July 2nd 1817.___1822"; in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman 1822"; in graphite, lower left: "Round Tower in the Castle of Lillebonne"
Watermark: J. Whatman
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | round tower
- Associated Places:
- Lillebonne | Normandy | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Round Tower, Castle of Lillebonne, Normandy, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.