A Starved Greyhound
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 10 5/8 inches (20.3 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Cotman's Dog King's College"; in graphite, lower right: "2652 | 183[...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "J.S. Cotman | 4622 | 512"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Cotman"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | greyhound | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, A Starved Greyhound, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.