A Starved Greyhound
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 10 5/8 inches (20.3 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Cotman's Dog King's College"; in graphite, lower right: "2652 | 183[...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "J.S. Cotman | 4622 | 512"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Cotman"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | greyhound | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, A Starved Greyhound, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.