Studies of Four Coffin Lids from ?Norfolk Churches
- ca. 1822
- Yellow and gray wash over graphite on medium smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 14 7/8 inches (27.3 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "[?Repps]; upper center: "[?Hornung]"; upper center: "[?Outwell]"; upper right: "H[...]"
Watermark: J. Whatman/Turkey Mill/1822
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coffin
- Associated Places:
- Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Studies of Four Coffin Lids from ?Norfolk Churches, ca. 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.