attributed to John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Study of a Coffin Lid from Houghton Churchyard, Norfolk, ca. 1822
Study of a Coffin Lid from Houghton Churchyard, Norfolk
- ca. 1822
- Gray and yellow wash over graphite on medium smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 3/4 inches (37.5 x 27.3 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 12 x 5 1/2 inches (30.5 x 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coffin
- Associated Places:
- Houghton | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.