IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Chamber Floor and Principal Floor Plans, 1827
Design for Grosvenor House, London: Chamber Floor and Principal Floor Plans
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper and smooth, thin, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 13 × 9 3/4 inches (33 × 24.8 cm), Sheet: 8 1/8 × 8 3/4 inches (20.6 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "No | 2 Design | without the Portico to | the South front | for Grosvenor house"; in pen and black ink, througout, plan labeled; inscribed on overlay in pen and black ink, lower right: "Chamber Story | to Plan No. 2"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "Thomas Cundy | Aug.st 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | floor plans | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.