- Design for Grosvenor House, London: Chamber Floor and Principal Floor Plans
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper and smooth, thin, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 13 × 9 3/4 inches (33 × 24.8 cm) and Sheet: 8 1/8 × 8 3/4 inches (20.6 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "No | 2 Design | without the Portico to | the South front | for Grosvenor house"; in pen and black ink, througout, plan labeled; inscribed on overlay in pen and black ink, lower right: "Chamber Story | to Plan No. 2"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "Thomas Cundy | Aug.st 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | floor plans | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Chamber Floor and Principal Floor Plans, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.