IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Classical Church, Ayot St. Lawrence, Hertfordshire, undated
Classical Church, Ayot St. Lawrence, Hertfordshire
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 15 1/2 inches (28.6 x 39.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[?]ead | s-ulate | stone [?]"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "N.8"; in graphite, center right: "J.12."[encircled]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | church | Classical | columns | landscape | religious architecture | religious buildings | trees
- Associated Places:
- Ayot Saint Lawrence | England | Europe | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.