Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 26 × 36 5/8 inches (66 × 93 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Sketch | Plan for Grosvenor House"; in pen and black ink, left: "Upper Grosvenor Street"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "Park Street"; in pen and black ink, right: "Mount Street"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "PARK LANE"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Hyde Park"; in pen and black ink, center, plan labeled
Watermark: SMITH & ALLNUTT 1818
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy | April 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | Plan
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.