IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Church with Wooden Belfry - one of three versions, undated
Church with Wooden Belfry - one of three versions
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 11 7/8 inches (24.1 x 30.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "S.D."; inscribed on back in graphite, lower right: "J 25." [encircled]
Signed in graphite, upper right: "S.D."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | belfry | chapel | church | religious architecture | religious buildings | wooden
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.