Tree and Distant Hills
- between 1750 and 1755
- Brushed black ink and brown wash on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 x 7 7/8 inches (16.2 x 20 cm) and Mount: 7 x 8 5/8 inches (17.8 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "45" in graphite lower right: "D. 1494"
Signed on mount in pen and gray ink lower left: "Alex.r Cozens."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | bushes | hills | landscape | mountains | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, Tree and Distant Hills, between 1750 and 1755
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.