Tree and Distant Hills
- between 1750 and 1755
- Brushed black ink and brown wash on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 x 7 7/8 inches (16.2 x 20 cm) and Mount: 7 x 8 5/8 inches (17.8 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "45" in graphite lower right: "D. 1494"
Signed on mount in pen and gray ink lower left: "Alex.r Cozens."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | bushes | hills | landscape | mountains | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, Tree and Distant Hills, between 1750 and 1755