IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Chamber Floor Plan, 1827
Design for Grosvenor House, London: Chamber Floor Plan
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 11/16 × 29 inches (52.5 × 73.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Chamber Plan to No.2"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled
Watermark: J WHATMAN/ TURKEY MILL/ 1822
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy July 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | floor plan
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.