Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 13 1/8 inches (21 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Hyde Park"; in pen and black ink, upper left: "Park Lane"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Park Street"; in pen and black ink, right: "Upper Grosvenor Street"; in pen and black ink, center, plan labeled; in graphite, upper left: "Sketch"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Mr Smith [of ...] B[ew]estone Street"; in graphite, upper left: "AD 602"
Signed and dated, lower right: "Tho.s Cundy July 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | house | Plan
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.