Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 13 1/8 inches (21 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Hyde Park"; in pen and black ink, upper left: "Park Lane"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Park Street"; in pen and black ink, right: "Upper Grosvenor Street"; in pen and black ink, center, plan labeled; in graphite, upper left: "Sketch"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Mr Smith [of ...] B[ew]estone Street"; in graphite, upper left: "AD 602"
Signed and dated, lower right: "Tho.s Cundy July 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | house | Plan
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.