Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 33 1/4 × 25 1/2 inches (84.5 × 64.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Design No 3 | For Grosvenor House"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled extensively
Watermarks: J WHATMAN/ TURKEY MILL/ 1825
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy July 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- design | house | Plan
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Plan, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.