attributed to John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Study of a Coffin Lid from a (?) Norfolk Church, ca. 1822
Study of a Coffin Lid from a (?) Norfolk Church
- ca. 1822
- Yellow and gray wash over graphite on medium smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 x 10 1/2 inches (38.1 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Cathedral"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | coffin
- Associated Places:
- Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.