South Side of Catfield Church, Norfolk
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 11 5/8 inches (18.7 x 29.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 1/4 x 11 7/8 inches (21 x 30.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center: "SOUTH SIDE OF CATFIELD CHURCH."; in graphite, lower left: "compare the engraving in 'Excursions through Norfolk'"
Collector's mark: Royal Institute of British Architects
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. S. Cotman"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | graves
- Associated Places:
- Catfield | Catfield church | England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
follower of John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, South Side of Catfield Church, Norfolk, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.