Design for Grosvenor House, London
- Graphite, pen and red and brown and black ink, watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 24 1/4 × 17 11/16 inches (61.6 × 44.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen brown black ink, lower right: "Design for Grosvenor House"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "The Elevation the same as Elevation in Book delin.d 1828"; in pen and brown ink, throughout, plan labeled
Watermark (trimmed): J. WHATM[AN]
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy 1829"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- design | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.