Design for Grosvenor House, London
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, pen and red and brown and black ink, watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 24 1/4 × 17 11/16 inches (61.6 × 44.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen brown black ink, lower right: "Design for Grosvenor House"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "The Elevation the same as Elevation in Book delin.d 1828"; in pen and brown ink, throughout, plan labeled
Watermark (trimmed): J. WHATM[AN]
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy 1829"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.