- Design for Grosvenor House, London: Principal Floor Plan
- Graphite, pen and red, black and brown ink, watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 5/8 × 26 inches (54.9 × 66 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "PRINCIPAL STORY | 21.ft 6 in.s high"; in pen and black ink, upper left: "No 1 Plan for Grosvenor House | corresponding with the Model"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled
Watermark: J WHATMAN/ TURKEY MILL/ 1828
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy 1830"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | floor plan | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Principal Floor Plan, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.