Design for Grosvenor House, London: Chamber Floor Plan
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink, watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 3/4 × 26 1/8 inches (55.2 × 66.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "CHAMBER STORY | 14 Ft 0 In.s high"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled
Watermark: J WHATMAN/ TURKEY MILL/ 1828
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Thomas Cundy 1830"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | floor plan | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Chamber Floor Plan, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.