IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, Landscape with Mountain and Lake, 1750s
Landscape with Mountain and Lake
- Pen and brown ink, brushed black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches (9.5 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper left: "S"; inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "COZENS, Alexander | Landscape with Mountain | and Lake"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | lake | landscape | mountains | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Art of Alexander and John Robert Cozens (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-09-17 - 1980-11-16) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, p. 62, no. 54, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.