Juvenile Members of the Yacht Club
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 x 10 1/8 inches (35.9 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Sketch of | Juvenile Members | of the Yacht Club"; in brown ink, lower right: "by | Richard Dadd 1853 | Bethlem Hospital___"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "by | Richard Dadd 1853 | Bethlem Hospital___"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | boys | cliff | coats | collar | cows | genre subject | men | model (representation) | ruff | trousers | vests | yacht club
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Richard Dadd Exhibition (Davis & Langdale Co., Inc., 1994-05-03 - 1994-06-03) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Nicholas Tromans, Richard Dadd, the artist and the asylum , Tate Publishing, London, 1911, pp. 106, 107, 114, 121, fig. 57, NJ18 D121 T76 + (YCBA) [YCBA]