IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Dadd, 1817–1886, British, Greek Woman of Asia Minor, 1880
Greek Woman of Asia Minor
- Watercolor over graphite, retouched with gouache on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 7 3/8 inches (29.2 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "Greek Woman of Asia Minor."
Signed and dated in black ink, lower right: "Rd. Dadd. 1880"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | figure study | genre subject | Greek | veil | vines | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.