Sketch to Illustrate the Passions: Suspense or Expectation
- Additional Title(s):
Sketch for the Passions: Suspense or Expectation
- Part Of:
- Watercolor, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (35.9 x 26 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "-Sketch to illustrate the Passions. Suspense. or Expectation."; in black ink, lower left: "by. Richard Dadd. Bethlehem Hospital London _ June 2nd 1855. __ ."
Signed and dated in black ink, lower left: "by. Richard Dadd. Bethlehem Hospital London _ June 2nd 1855. __ ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrel | boys | buildings | cannon (artillery) | children | climbing | cloth doll | genre subject | girls | houses | illustration | leisure | mischief | rocking horse | self-portrait | study (visual work) | toys
- Associated People:
- Dadd, Richard (1817–1886), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Dadd, 1817–1886, British, Sketch to Illustrate the Passions: Suspense or Expectation, 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.