- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 8 1/4 inches (14.6 x 20.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "1314 Brown | white cut out"; on back, center right: "1 1/2 mar(?) | 8 1/2 x 55 | 8"
Signed and dated in brown ink, center right: "Rd Dadd, 1838"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collars | family | family | figure study | heads | men | portrait | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
English Portrait Drawings & Miniatures (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-12-05 - 1980-02-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Nicholas Tromans, Richard Dadd, the artist and the asylum , Tate Publishing, London, 2011, pp. 11, 13, fig. 3, NJ18 D121 T76 + (YCBA) [YCBA]