- Watercolor with gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 8 1/4 inches (14.6 x 20.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "1314 Brown | white cut out"; on back, center right: "1 1/2 mar(?) | 8 1/2 x 55 | 8"
Signed and dated in brown ink, center right: "Rd Dadd, 1838"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collars | family | family | figure study | heads | men | portrait | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Nicholas Tromans, Richard Dadd, the artist and the asylum , Tate Publishing, London, 1911, pp. 11, 13, fig. 3, NJ18 D121 T76 + (YCBA)