- At Haughley
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 9 1/8 inches (19.1 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed, in pen and brown/grey ink, lower right: "At Haughley, 1785."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cliffs | country house | figures
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Romita Ray, Under the banyan tree, relocating the picturesque in British India , The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, pp. 129, 130, fig. 52, N8214.5.I5 R39 2013 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, At Haughley, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.