- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 9 1/8 inches (19.1 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed, in pen and brown/grey ink, lower right: "At Haughley, 1785."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cliffs | country house | figures
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Romita Ray, Under the banyan tree, relocating the picturesque in British India , The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, pp. 129, 130, fig. 52, N8214.5.I5 R39 2013 (YCBA)