IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, At Haughley, 1785
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 9 1/8 inches (19.1 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed, in pen and brown/grey ink, lower right: "At Haughley, 1785."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cliffs | country house | figures
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Romita Ray, Under the banyan tree, relocating the picturesque in British India , The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, pp. 129, 130, fig. 52, N8214.5.I5 R39 2013 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.