Design for Grosvenor House, London: Elevation towards Grosvenor Street
- Graphite, pen and black ink and wash on moderately textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/16 × 22 7/8 inches (21.1 × 58.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Elevation towards Grosvenor Street"; in graphite, upper left: "No 1"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "AD 602"
Watermark (trimmed): [J WHA]TMAN/ [TURKE]Y MILL
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Thomas Cundy"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- design | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Elevation towards Grosvenor Street, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.