Design for Grosvenor House, London: Elevation towards Grosvenor Street
- Graphite, pen and black ink and wash on moderately textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- 8 5/16 × 22 7/8 inches (21.1 × 58.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Elevation towards Grosvenor Street"; in graphite, upper left: "No 1"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "AD 602"
Watermark (trimmed): [J WHA]TMAN/ [TURKE]Y MILL
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Thomas Cundy"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Cundy, 1790–1867, British, Design for Grosvenor House, London: Elevation towards Grosvenor Street, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.