- Near Kepta [Chapcha] in Bhootan [Bhutan]
- ca. 1783
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 11 5/8 inches (23.8 × 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "cloud"; in graphite, center, right: "cloud"; verso, in graphite, upper center: "near Kepta"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | figures | horses (animals) | pagodas
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bhutan
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Near Kepta [Chapcha] in Bhootan [Bhutan], ca. 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.