An Arched Entrance into a Ruined Building
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 8 inches (25.1 × 20.3 cm)
Watermark: similar to Shorter 184 (J Whatman) (Fleur-de-lis) [with a [flourish], not GR].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arched | architectural subject | building | passage | ruin
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, An Arched Entrance into a Ruined Building, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.