An Arched Entrance into a Ruined Building
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 8 inches (25.1 × 20.3 cm)
Watermark: similar to Shorter 184 (J Whatman) (Fleur-de-lis) [with a [flourish], not GR].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arched | architectural subject | building | passage | ruin
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, An Arched Entrance into a Ruined Building, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.