Scene on Brighton Beach
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 5 1/8 × 8 1/2 inches (13 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on back lower left: "Anon. 19th c.| Bath at Brighton | 1965.59"; in pen and brown ink, on back lower left: "at Brighton 24th July, 1847"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Paul Moore
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | figures | marine art | ocean | sailboats
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | Brighton Beach | East Sussex | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Agostino Aglio the elder, 1777–1857, Italian, active in Britain, Scene on Brighton Beach, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.