- Temple to Maha Deo at Puttugotta (Puttergotta)
- between 1777 and 1809
- Pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, graphite, gray wash and brown wash on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 9 1/8 inches (18.7 × 23.2 cm)
In pen and black/grey ink over graphite, lower right: "Temple to Maha Deo/at Puttogotta"; verso, in graphite, lower right: "J108" [encircled].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | figure | forest | temple
- Associated Places:
- Asia | India
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Temple to Maha Deo at Puttugotta (Puttergotta), between 1777 and 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.