IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Portrait of a Chinese Man, undated
Portrait of a Chinese Man
- Former Title(s):
Portrait of a Chinaman
- Watercolor and pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 3 inches (9.8 × 7.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braid | Chinese | figures (representations) | hat | man
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.