IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, River View with a Junk (near Rajmahal?), between 1777 and 1808
River View with a Junk (near Rajmahal?)
- between 1777 and 1808
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 7 7/8 inches (26.4 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "River View; verso in graphite: J111".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | figures | marine art | sail
- Associated Places:
- Asia | India
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.