William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Fisherpeople on a Junk, 1793
Fisherpeople on a Junk
- Watercolor and pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 × 8 inches (14.9 × 20.3 cm)
Signed and dated in gray ink, lower left: "W. Alexander - 1793."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | Chinese | commerce | dog (animal) | family | fishermen | fishing | genre subject | junk | marine art | mountains | pagodas (buildings) | sailboats | seamen
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.