The Passing of 1880
- ca. 1880
- Watercolor with gouache and scraping out on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 19in. (31.4 x 48.3cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, on back, center left: "15137 (encircled)"; on back, center: "The Passing of 1880 | Royal Jubilee Exhibition | Manchester 1887 | Ex collection Walter Field"
Signed in red ink, lower right: "Thomas Danby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | boat | evening | journey | landscape | light | lyre | marine art | men | moon | moonlight | mountains | music | night | oars | rowing | sea | seamen | travel
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Scott Wilcox, British watercolors, drawings of the 18th and 19th centuries from the Yale Center for British Art , Hudson Hill Press, New York, 1985, no. 77, pl. 77, ND1928 W533 1985 (YCBA)