A Vestry Disputing about the Parish Rates
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 6 3/4 × 9 1/8 inches (17.1 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower center: "A Vestry Disputing about the Parish Rates | A Motion made Seconded put up Debated & opposed concerning the Parish Rates/as a Lawfull Vestry."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | judge | parish
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Dance RA, 1741–1825, British, A Vestry Disputing about the Parish Rates, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.