A Vestry Disputing about the Parish Rates
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 9 1/8 inches (17.1 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower center: "A Vestry Disputing about the Parish Rates | A Motion made Seconded put up Debated & opposed concerning the Parish Rates/as a Lawfull Vestry."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | judge | parish
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Dance RA, 1741–1825, British, A Vestry Disputing about the Parish Rates, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.