A Chinese Beggar
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and pen and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (19.1 x 14 cm)
Illegible inscriptions in graphite, upper center and upper right, very faint; lower center: "20"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beggar | calligraphy | Chinese | genre subject | kneeling | man | music | poverty | sign
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.