A Judge of Distress like Hers
- Watercolor, wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 12 3/4 inches (19.4 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in brush and gray wash, lower center: "A Judge of Distress like hers"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | dress | genre subject | judge | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Nathaniel Dance, 1735–1811, British, A Judge of Distress like Hers, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.