- Natives of Cochin Playing Shuttlecock in China
- 1792 to 1794
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (17.5 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: " W. A f"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "Natives of Cochin China Playing at | Shuttle Cock with their feet"
Signed in black in, lower left: " W. A f"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | game | genre subject | hats | huts | leisure | men | natives | palm trees | pipe (smoking equipment) | playing | recreation | shuttlecock | smoke | smoking | village | walls | women
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Natives of Cochin Playing Shuttlecock in China, 1792 to 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.