IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Natives of Cochin Playing Shuttlecock in China, 1792 to 1794
Natives of Cochin Playing Shuttlecock in China
- 1792 to 1794
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (17.5 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Natives of Cochin China Playing at | Shuttle Cock with their feet"
Signed in black in, lower left: " W A f"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | game | genre subject | hats | huts | leisure | men | natives | palm trees | pipe (smoking equipment) | playing | recreation | shuttlecock | smoke | smoking (activity) | village | walls | women
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.