View in China: Figures with Pagoda and Mountain
- Part Of:
- 1792 to 1794
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 7 3/4 x 9 3/4 inches (19.7 x 24.7 cm), Sheet: 7 1/8 x 9 1/8 inches (18.1 x 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, lower right: "View in China by Wm. Alexander | Sketched on the Spot"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | boats | buildings | children | Chinese architecture | dog (animal) | genre subject | hats | junk | landscape | men | mountains | pagoda | pipes (smoking equipment) | poles | river | smoking (activity) | village | women | yoke
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, View in China: Figures with Pagoda and Mountain, 1792 to 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.