One of the Embassy Yachts
- ca. 1794
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 8 inches (25.1 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D. 234"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- embassy | flag | genre subject | hats | junk | marine art | men | sea | seamen | ship | yachts
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, One of the Embassy Yachts, ca. 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.