In the Village near Tassisudon [Tashicho Dzong]
- ca. 1783
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and gray ink, gray wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 19 inches (34.6 x 48.3 cm), Image: 12 1/8 x 16 1/2 inches (30.8 x 41.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "SD"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, upper center: "In the village near Taussadon"; in graphite, lower left: "J123" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/101"
Watermark: same as B1977.14.250 - (J Whatman) (Fleur-de-Lis) -- not in Heawood, Churchill or Shorter
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "SD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | house | trees | village
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, In the Village near Tassisudon [Tashicho Dzong], ca. 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.