- In the Village near Tassisudon [Tashicho Dzong]
- ca. 1783
- Gray wash, pen, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 19 1/8 inches (34.6 x 48.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "SD"; in graphite, upper right: "D34" [?]; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, upper center: "In the village near Taussidon"; in graphite, lower left: "J122" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/102"
Watermark:(J Whatman) (names) similar to Heawood 3457
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "SD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | domestic | houses | village
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, In the Village near Tassisudon [Tashicho Dzong], ca. 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.