- Fort William, Calcutta
- Gray wash, watercolor, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 18 7/8 inches (30.2 x 47.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, center: "sketch for picture of Fort William -- Calcutta"; in graphite, lower left: "J94" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/104"
Watermark: similar to Heawood 105 (J Whatman) (Bend)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fort | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | Calcutta | West Bengal
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Fort William, Calcutta, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.