Figures crossing a bridge over a ravine
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, silghtly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/4 x 13 3/8 inches (48.9 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "SD"; in graphite, upper right: "D32"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "J68" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/105"
Watermark: same as B1977.14.250, 241, 246 -- not in Heawood, Shorter & Churchill (J Whatman) (Fleur-de-Lis)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "SD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | crossing | figures | landscape | ravine | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Figures crossing a bridge over a ravine, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.