Figures crossing a bridge over a ravine
- Gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, silghtly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/4 x 13 3/8 inches (48.9 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "SD"; in graphite, upper right: "D32"; inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "J68" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/105"
watermarks: same as B1977.14.250, 241, 246 -- not in Heawood, Shorter & Churchill (J Whatman) (Fleur-de-Lis)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "SD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | crossing | figures | landscape | ravine | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Figures crossing a bridge over a ravine, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.