- Carriage Outside a Ruined Gateway
- Pen and black ink, gray ink, gray wash, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 × 21 1/2 inches (38.1 × 54.6 cm) and Image: 9 1/8 × 14 15/16 inches (23.2 × 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J95"
Watermark: Heawood 1849 (J Whatman) (Fleur-de-Lis)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Carriage Outside a Ruined Gateway, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.