- Conquering a Chromatic Passage
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 12 5/8 inches (26.4 × 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and grey/black ink over graphite, lower center: "Conquering a Chromatic passage"; verso, in graphite: "G. Dance."
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cello | genre subject | music | violin
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Nathaniel Dance RA, 1735–1811, British, Conquering a Chromatic Passage, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.