- Pen, black ink, brown ink, gray wash on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 16 5/8 inches (24.8 x 42.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "Castle Caer-filly."
watermark: IHS (similar to Heawood 2974); collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | fields | hills | landscape | ruins | walls
- Associated Places:
- Caerphilly | Caerphilly | Caerphilly Castle | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hendrik Danckerts, ca. 1625–1680, Dutch, active in Britain (by 1664), Caerphilly Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.