IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hendrik Danckerts, ca. 1625–1680, Dutch, active in Britain (by 1664), Caerphilly Castle, undated
- Pen, gray ink, brown wash, gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 16 7/8 inches (28.3 x 42.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "Castle Caer-Filly"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | hills | houses | landscape | ruins | walls
- Associated Places:
- Caerphilly | Caerphilly | Caerphilly Castle | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
A loan exhibition of English drawings and watercolours from the collection of Mr and Mrs Paul Mellon of Upperville, Virginia, P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., London, 1964, cat. no. 72, N5247.M385 L62 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Yale University Art Gallery, English drawings and watercolors, from the collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, April 15 - June 20, 1965 , New Haven, 1965, Cat. No. 72, NC228 Y34 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.