- Holy Man Seated Near Plinth Under a Tree
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on , thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 13 1/2in. (34.3 x 34.3cm) and Mount: 17 7/16 × 17 13/16 inches (44.3 × 45.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J77"
Watermark: barely visible on mount: (J Whatman) (Fleur-de-Lis) [?]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Holy Man Seated Near Plinth Under a Tree, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.